A masked member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) attends a rally in the West Bank city of Nablus July 6, 2005. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas told a London-based Arabic newspaper he expected to hold a summit with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon before Israel's pullout from the occupied Gaza Strip in mid-August. REUTERS/Abed Omar Qusini
This picture shows just how tough it is to be a good Shahid. There are so many little details to get right, like remembering to aim the pistol, keeping your finger on the trigger, all at the same time. It requires dedication, and a lot of practice, practice, practice. Or at least practice followed by a raucus funeral.
So inspired, I offer a few more captions:
- Abed Omar, is this my good side?
- Reach for the gun favored by more PFLP "activists", when you simply have to scratch that Jihadi itch.
- "Willing to kill himself for Allah or die trying"
- Mustafa, think! We went over this in class! Always. Check. the Safet...
- Anyone for a game of Militant Roulette? C'mon, it's a win-win!
- For the love of Allah, if I've told him once I've told him a thousand times: not the red manure bag. But does he listen?