Thursday, January 26, 2006
- At least Al Qaeda wasn't running (on their own ticket).
- Hamas, thee anti-corruption party, won't be able to plead ignorance about where the Euros go. If they pay for weapons shipments and suicide subsidies, let the record stipulate that. This should at least save European bureaucrats their audit fees.
- Less Hanan Ashrawi, even if it means more Mariam Farhat.
- No more giving credit for what the unseen, unheard, unidentified Palestinian "moderates" probably might possibly want. They just told us what they want. Of course, some people have known this all along and it didn't make much difference, but give me a break, I'm trying to look on the bright side.
- The era of Arafat-worship may be coming to a close.
- The next confidence-building Roadmap concession the Palestinian Authority demands of Israel will be to "just die already" and I expect that a slim majority of world governments will tentatively reject this request pending further study.
- Steep discounts on all Fatah souvenirs and memorabilia at the Muqata giftshop.
- If you think temper tantrums in the Knesset are fun wait 'til you see the cable coverage of these guys in the next Palestinian Parliament. Does Robert's Rules of Order say anything about automatic weapons?
- Lucky me, I don't own any green baseball caps!
- Looks like Barghouti might just have lost his "get out of jail free" card.
Technorati Tags: hamas, election, victory, always look on the bright side of life