<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 25, 2005

Oddly Enough, I Didn't Puke 

So Sharon went ahead with her plan and ordered sushi to break yesterday's fast of the 17th of Tammuz. Typically we eat something with the power to resuscitate, like lasagne or bagels, after not having eaten since the night before. But for some reason, Sharon was struck by the urge to eat fish and seaweed this time. Go figure.

I had planned on abstaining from the sushi, on the grounds that my empty stomach might be incapable of generating sufficient regurgitory force. But I gave in and partook for two main reasons: 1) in the end, it appeared the sushi we received may not have been raw after all, and, more importantly, 2) Tamar and Rachel (ages 6 and 8) shamed me into it by trying it themselves.

Actually it wasn't that bad, and I didn't even have to add ketchup.

If you really, really liked this -- or even really, really hated it -- there's lots more:
ARCHIVES