<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Media Bias, Let It Go 

I was wondering why my media bias posts feel so inneffective. Now an expert, a pro, explains it:

For many years I taught in my criticism classes that pointing out bias in the news media was an important, interesting, and even subversive activity. At the very least an intellectual challenge. Now it is virtually meaningless. Media bias is a proxy in countless political fights and the culture war. It's effectiveness as a corrective is virtually zero.
Hmm. That was simple. I guess I can stop worrying about the word terrorist and how often the news services mention the grief of a suicide bomber's parents more prominently than that of his victims' parents. It just doesn't matter. It's effectiveness as a corrective is virtually zero.

Too bad he didn't get this out before RatherGate, think of the bandwidth it would have saved.

If you really, really liked this -- or even really, really hated it -- there's lots more:
ARCHIVES