Thursday, September 01, 2005
I must be the only one...
- ...to finish a post at 10 or 11pm but then hold off publishing until right after midnight, just to get a head start on the next day's post count.
- ...who holds generic posts in reserve for days, weeks, or even months, waiting for just the right justifying headline or story to come along, like, for instance, the next really dumb Jimmy Carter quote.
- ...who copies each post into a fresh window before publishing, just because it once seemed that JRants and other feed sites somehow use a post's original creation time regardless of when the publish button is actually pressed -- and I want to be at the top of the list, not buried immediately with other hours- or days-old posts.
- ...who has injured himself and been happy about it because it makes good blog fodder.
- ...so conflicted over his own vanity that he copies Technorati links into new browser windows rather than click them directly and risk being exposed in the linking blog's referrer list as just another seeker of link-love. (I've actually gotten over this one now, so please feel free to link to me now and I'll be sure to click away in return.)
- ...who suddenly became happy with his blog title just because he realized many blog rolls are in alphabetical order. (And damn you Aaron's Rantblog). NOTE: before you all go changing your blog names, it doesn't seem to be garnering me a lot of traffic, but still, it seems nice).
- ...who gets so caught up in the process of post construction that I sometimes struggle to remember what the hell it is I'm trying to say.
- ...who has jotted down 3 or 4 words as the barest skeleton of an idea to flesh out later, and then accidentally published it.