<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Four Things 

The Jewish Freak tagged me with the "Four Things" meme so here goes:

4 jobs I've had:
  1. Painting over sea-voyage-rust on new import car undercarriages at the dock.
  2. Scrubbing scuba gear clean with toluene on an assembly line
  3. Teaching Assistant
  4. Software Engineer

4 movies I could watch over and over:

Since I barely have time to watch the movies a first time these days, let alone over and over, I'll list the movies I actually did watch over and over back when I was a kid, plus an estimate of the number of repeat viewings.
  1. The Blues Brothers (The original), 50+
  2. Blazing Saddles, 40+
  3. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, 25+
  4. The Frisco Kid, 5

4 places I've lived:
  1. Milwaukee, WI
  2. Long Beach, CA
  3. Karmiel, Israel (Merkaz-Klitah/Absorption Center)
  4. Beit Shemesh, Israel

4 TV shows I love to watch:

Since I no longer watch any episodic television, I'll list my past favorites.
  1. Seinfeld
  2. X-Files
  3. Frasier
  4. Star Trek -- first 2 versions only

4 places I've been on vacation:
  1. San Francisco, CA
  2. La Jolla, CA
  3. Israel, (just once)
  4. My Own House (don't knock it until you've tried it).

4 websites I visit daily:
  1. I visit most of my blogroll's sites daily or every few days at worst.
  2. Google
  3. LakersGround.net
  4. Yahoo News Photos

4 Favorite Foods:
  1. Indian (Chickpeas and Potato Curry, Cashew Chicken, Biryani, Daal)
  2. Chinese (Fried Rice, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken, Red Pepper Stir Fry)
  3. Chips and Salsa
  4. German Chocolate Cheesecake

4 places I'd rather be:
  1. Staples Center in Los Angeles for Lakers games.
  2. On the beach playing volleyball, if my knees could still stand it.
  3. In front of my refrigerator (my drink needs more ice).
  4. Ahmadinejad's private kitchen, so I could slip a little something into his Kool-Aid.

4 books I could read over and over:

I must confess, I don't tend to read books over and over. Since we read the Torah over and over, that's an obvious exception, but in general, I read it once, then put it in my bookshelf to gather dust for a few years until the next used book benefit at the school or library. Nevertheless...
  1. The Hebrew Bible
  2. The Cat in the Hat
  3. More, More, More...
  4. The Sneetches on the Beaches


4 people I'm tagging:

I'm asking for four brave volunteers who haven't already been tagged. Sign up in the comments section and I'll update the post to point to you. (Hint: you get a link out of it). 3 spots left.
  1. My brother at Shallow Verb
  2. Your name here
  3. Your name here
  4. Your name here

If you really, really liked this -- or even really, really hated it -- there's lots more:
ARCHIVES