Monday, February 27, 2006
- Threatened with death should their actions -- or suspected actions, or imagined actions -- somehow threaten the family honor as viewed by any male relative. ?
- Forced forevermore to accept the shrouded smell of thick linen in place of the scent of fresh air. ?
- Vulnerable to early marriage at the family's whim to men who may already have other wives. ? ?
- Barred from sports. ?
- If raped, can instead be imprisoned on charges of adultery. ?
- In Saudi Arabia, forbidden to drive, forbidden to travel without a male guardian's permission, forbidden to walk without his accompaniment. ?
- And of course what greater glory can there be than raising sons as suicidal, sacrificial pawns to toss on Jihad's ever-growing pile. ?
But this. This is the limit. The publication of a few cartoons has really pushed them over the edge.
One of religion's benefits to the faithful is helping keep basic priorities straight. Thank Allah for that.