Palestinian supporters of the Fatah faction shout slogans while holding up pictures of the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat during a rally to mark the first anniversary of Arafat's death at the Ein-el-Hilweh Palestinian refugee camp, near the southern city of Sidon, Lebanon, Sunday, Nov. 13, 2005. Arafat died in a French hospital on Nov. 11, 2004, after
a two-weekthe last two weeks of his illness. (AP Photo/Mohammed Zaatari)
Did you notice they never tell us anything about these slogans that are always shouted at these Palestinian peace marches? Well fortunately, I have a very rare ability: I can read lips... in Arabic... from still photos. So I can state unequivocally that the slogans they are shouting are:
- (guy in the back left): Hey!!! Woooooo!!! Take my picture!!! Over here!!!!! Yeah!!! I love you Mom!!!!
- (guy with his hands up): I extend my fists in friendship to my Jewish partners for peace!
- (Arafat's former security guard, holding the poster): Praise Allah the lying bastard is dead and my blood test is negative, although I'm still receiving treatment even now for those nasty whisker-burns!
- (guy holding up his finger): We're number one, we're number one, we're number one! Oh, sorry, wrong rally, which way to the Arafat High Pep Rally?
- (guy with pained expression right in front): Peace through negotiations and coexistance! Jihad against Jihad!
- (guy with the gun at the bottom right): Hey!! Anybody see the security guards? One of them must have dropped his rifle! Can somebody get this away from me? I so abhor guns of all calibres!