Sunday, December 04, 2005
Palestinian Polling Picture Play
If you really, really liked this -- or even really, really hated it -- there's lots more:
Palestinian militants from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades hold election result lists of the Fatah party primaries during a news conference called to reject the result in the West Bank city of Hebron December 3, 2005. In the southern West Bank village of Halhoul, Fatah gunmen claiming election fraud stormed a polling station on Saturday and wrecked the vote, firing into the air and destroying ballot papers and ballot boxes and calling for a repeat of the vote. REUTERS/Nayef Hashlamoun
- A leading Fatah legislative candidate gathers his top media advisor and his weapons specialist to look over early election results in the West Bank City of Hebron.
- Disgruntled Fatah legislative candidates ponder their failure to garner more votes from a carefully run campaign of "mask recognition."
- "I told you we should have turned left back at Kalkilya!"
- Three famished militants choose from the "mask friendly" portion of the menu at the new 'Yassir's Bar and Grill' in the West Bank City of Hebron.
- A Palestinian Peace Squad reviews their negotiating position papers before setting off for "discussions".
- "I told you we should have put our real names on all those campaign posters!"
- Yahoo photographer accidentally snaps pictures of an internal Palestinian issue, having little if anything to do with Israel, and Israeli blogger AbbaGav lampoons it anyway.
- Masked Terrorist #1: This is perfect! You're supposed to take us to the Zionist enemy so we can fire this rocket launcher and instead, you lead us straight to headquarters!
Masked Terrorist #2: ?? ... ??
Masked Terrorist #3: Oh wait, now I see -- THIS way is north.