- The floor-scraping sounds of bedroom furniture being moved around have stopped.
- Your admonition to hurry up and finish that book report due tomorrow is met not with whining but silence from the other room.
- It's hard to tell in the darkness, but it looks like there might be a tent set up on the front lawn.
- While driving back from a long day at the beach, there have been no arguments from the back seat for over five minutes.
- The dinner table isn't being cleared and there's no one in sight.
- For the little ones, if I can still remember that far back: you feel a satisfying, warm little thump on your shoulder followed by steady breathing against your neck. And maybe a little drool.
- They INSIST they are absolutely NOT TIRED!
Uh, hmmm. That's all I can think of. But certainly there must be more -- kids do sleep, don't they?